Thursday, September 9

Beaver Island Marathon

I traveled to Beaver Island MI to race a half marathon. The race was on September 4th and I stood an excellent chance of getting an age group first. But, for the first time in over 30 years of running and racing, I scored a DNF. My pace was on target and I felt reasonably good when at 6.53 Garmin miles something popped in my left ankle. I tried to walk and stretch through the problem but the pain and concern for aggravating an injury made me give up. At the seven mile aide station I asked to be bussed back to the finish.

It was disappointing but we enjoyed a great trip and I met some terrific people. One of the Marathoners completed her 347th marathon – wow! I am coming to terms with a slower me and will be more careful in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home