Tuesday, September 14

Barefoot running

I just read one of my horoscopes for today. It was fascinating - "Your health should be in top shape today, Virgo. You're likely to feel physically, emotionally, and spiritually strong and ready to tap into your inner power. Dreams may make it possible to release old traumas and move ahead. An increased understanding of the needs and desires of others enriches your relationships. Take heart from past success, continue as you are, and enjoy your day."

In actuality, my back hurt earlier today. I was at Wal-Mart and then at the gas station.

I realized it had been a week since last I'd gone running. And that run had been intended to be seven miles and turned out to be a little over four.

I started thinking that perhaps I was trying to run too far.

So, today I went for a mile run and then I topped it off with about 2 tenths of a mile running barefoot. The barefoot running was pretty good. I felt like I had a bit of extra spring when I ran barefoot. Although I kind of think I'd rather seek out unpaved trails or parks for running barefoot.

1 Comments:

Blogger R said...

I'd like to hear more about how the barefoot running goes. I don't even like walking barefoot on pavement... it seems like every little stone sticks in your feet. But it's supposed to be good for you.

September 20, 2010 12:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home