Sunday, April 3

Race week

OK - it's race week. Today I had two runs --- about five miles on trails in the morning and two miles in my neighborhood in the evening.


I tried to run fast in the evening and realized that my speed is far away from where I want it to be. Or where I would like to be.

So the goal is just to finish the race, have a good time and be relatively alert.

So my goal for the week is to try to be active everyday at 10 a.m. It may be tough, but that's this weeks' goal.

Monday 10 am --- vigorous 2 mile walk to test the pedometer again and see how many steps are in a mile --- afterwards stretch, do push-ups and sit-ups.

Tuesday 10 am --- run hills at the park

Wednesday 10 am --- walking, visiting an English class. I may do a vigorous walk later in the day.

Thursday - 10 am - 3 mile run --- last run before the race, practice the mindset of the race, go out slow and try to just have fun.

Friday --- 10 vigorous walking maybe 3 miles

Saturday 10 am --- 1 mile vigorous walk ----


Sunday -- 10 am --- 10K race.


This is my plan for the week. Hopefully it will all go well and I haven't made God laugh too hard. We'll see.

1 Comments:

Blogger bl said...

Monday workout is done. The walking at least. I measured out a distance of almost a mile, but after re-measuring, I'm not sure.
However, it was an out-and-back walk and the first leg was 2,240 steps and the return leg was 2,362 steps.
For easy estimating, I'm going to keep 2,000 steps as a mile for now, just because the math is so simple.

April 04, 2011 10:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home