Friday, January 11

Blood, sweat, tears and ...

I set a goal to read 50 books this year. So far, I've read four. Or finished four. I've got a couple of books I started last year that I want to complete this year and they'll count. Especially Atlas Shrugged. Ayn Rand.
I just finished reading Flight by Sherman Alexie. Book number Four. I'm almost treating this reading business like a job, although I need to do more writing as well, especially writing that I could get paid for.
Anyhow, on page 2 of Flight there was a passage that really grabbed me:

Yes, there used to be a band called Blood, Sweat & Tears.
Isn't that the most amazing name for a rock band you ever heard? When it comes right down to it, everything in the world is about blood, sweat and tears. So that name is perfect. No, it's almost perfect. The perfect name would be Blood, Sweat, Tears & Come, but I wonder if people would buy a CD by a band named so graphically.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home