Saturday, January 5

Sweat it out

Earlier this week, I felt a cold coming on. So I went running. I thought I'd sweat it out.
Apparently the opposite happened. During the run, my right calf got real tight. I thought it would loosen up if I kept running.
Wrong again.
The next day I was so sore, I walked with a little bit of a limp. Sigh.
At least I had the flexibility to rest. Now it seems that this cold is almost gone.
But the sweat it out approach didn't work this time. I think it's worked in the past.
Has it ever worked for you?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Evans said...

There are many myths, pseudo home remedies, and useless medicines for preventing, curing, or shortening the common cold.
Research proves only two things:
1. Nothing works (don’t waste your time or money).
2. A compromised immune system makes you more susceptible (Get plenty of rest).

If you come in contact with a virus for which your body has no anti-bodies - you get sick. If it is a common cold then three to seven days later you start to get well.

If you encounter a virus for which you have developed partial immunity it may not make you as sick or last as long.

January 07, 2008 2:05 pm  
Blogger R said...

Usually when I'm sick and go exert myself, it has a lot more to do with being tired of being cooped up. It usually lands me right back in bed.

If it's not too bad of a cold, just congestion or sneezing, then the endorphins from working out maybe balance out the crappy feeling. But don't push too hard, or you'll get sicker.

January 08, 2008 2:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home