Sunday, December 30

Run for the Ranch - second comment

IF you could only have one - a PR or a trophy, which would you choose?

For me, I think it's easy. I like PRs. They're nice. But I think I'd prefer to get a trophy.

No matter how fast you run, you never really deserve a trophy. It's all about who shows up or doesn't show up. And so much of life is just showing up.

I don't really think of race shirts as trophies, but a piece of hardware is always great. It's nice to end the year with a trophy.

Especially a trophy that's got a nice little golden boot on top.

But that's just me. What about you? Which would you prefer? PR or trophy?

2 Comments:

Blogger R said...

I guess a trophy that wasn't a PR wouldn't be very satisfying. But since I don't have much chance of a trophy in the future, whereas I think I have a good chance at a PR, that sounds nice...

Why only one? Let's take both.

January 04, 2008 2:21 pm  
Blogger bl said...

You never know if you've got a chance of a trophy or not, especially if you're a woman.
My friend Mo got a trophy in her age group when she ran a 30-plus minute 5K.
And I know you can run faster than that. You've just got to pick the right race. Or the wrong race, depending on your perspective.
But then you don't run too many shorter races anyhow, do you?

January 04, 2008 4:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home