Tuesday, October 10

Small victories

It feels like I've been doing a lot of training lately with people who are ridiculously faster than me. That may not be the case, but that's the way it feels.

Do I just need to train with higher intensity when I'm on my own so I can keep up with my friends? I'm trying. There was the workout on Sunday and then the workout this morning. Of course, I went back to the Y after work and did four miles with some reasonable hills thrown in. That was satisfying, especially since I was pressed for time as there was a news event that I needed to get to.

The thing I've been thinking all day though is that I need some small victories. Real progress.
One of the biggest races in the city is Saturday, the Sunshine Run 10K. I'm going to do it and I'm going to do well.

I just want a small victory - a PR. My fastest 10K is 56:37. So I want to improve on that. I would love to finish in under 50 minutes, but I haven't yet run the 25 minute 5K that I dream of. So, I'm thinking small victories.

I want to run hard and have a good time. And get a reasonable new PR. That's all I want right now. I think I can make it happen.

1 Comments:

Blogger bl said...

I ran 10 miles this morning along the Frisco High Line Trail. It rained, a cold rain, but not hard enough to really enjoyable. Fortunately it wasn't so cold that it was unenjoyable either.

It was also one of the windiest days I've experienced while running in a long time.

But I got up with a goal to go 10 miles and I did it. 10 miles really isn't that far, but it's nice to have a goal to do something and follow through and do it.

I call it a small victory.

October 11, 2006 7:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home