Monday, October 2

Swimming

I went swimming for the first time in literally years today. Boy it was a great workout. I can't remember the last time I felt that exhausted. Perhaps Santa Fe and the high altitude workouts. I mean, ever since then I've been trying to run harder but swimming was definitely a tough workout. And I didn't even swim very long or very far.
At least once a week now, I'm going to head to the pool so I can at least improve my endurance in the water.
I believe strongly that will transfer to better running speeds and better strength.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard "Swimming Song" by The McGarrigles? Get it! It's terrific...

October 03, 2006 1:09 pm  
Blogger bl said...

Actually I've never heard of the McGarrigles before. What do they sound like?

October 03, 2006 9:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you heard of Rufus Wainright? He's the son of Louden Wainright III and Kate McGarrigle. The McGarrigles are two sisters who write fabulous songs and sing in high voices, sometimes haunting sometimes funny. They're from Canada. They are in with all the greats, such as Emmylou Harris. You'll just have to hear them!

October 04, 2006 7:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some of their albums. You can hear snippets off of some of them...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002-5620574-9259205?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=The+McGarrigles&Go.x=7&Go.y=8&Go=Go

October 08, 2006 9:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home