Tuesday, October 3

The Excitement Builds

It's pretty rare to get excited because of an e-mail from someone I don't know personally. But that's what happened today.

Thank you for registering for the 2007 P.F. Chang's Rock 'n' Roll
Arizona Marathon or 1/2 Marathon. It is our pleasure to officially notify you
of your acceptance into the race.

January 14 will be here before you know it, and now is the time to ramp
up your training and start making your travel plans. This year's race
falls on a holiday weekend, so plan to extend your stay and enjoy the
gorgeous weather and the many attractions that make the Grand Canyon State so
special!


Time to ramp up the training! Yessiree. Today I bought some trail running shoes to feel a little bit more comfortable with that aspect of my training, something I thoroughly enjoy.

I'm trying to stay focused. I think my initial goal of simply running this marathon an hour faster than my first marathon is a good one. Maybe I can go faster, but I want to run a smart race too. My plan for this weekend is to head down to the hills and trails of Busiek State Forest and go 20 miles. Hopefully all will work out well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home