Monday, July 24

Vacation, part II

Last year I had a pretty good vacation. I went to the Black Hills with my parents. I'd wanted to see the Black Hills ever since a class in Native American history in college when I learned that some Native American tribes believed all life started in the Black Hills.

Papa Saha, as I recall the Indians called the region.

My dad wanted to go to the region for all the history. And partially because he thought that's where Custer's Last Stand was.

However, Custer's Last Stand was not in South Dakota but several hundred miles further away in Montana. My mom mentioned this recently because Bill Moor made the same mistake as my dad.

Bill Moor is one of the main reasons I do what I do. I read something he wrote about Bo Jackson working out with the local minor league team in the newspaper just after the family moved to Indiana. I decided it seemed fun and I wanted to do it too. I wrote him a letter, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Anyhow, Bill Moor wrote a fun column about his recent vacation to the Black Hills. I recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home