Thursday, July 20

Discipline

I woke up right before the alarm clock went off today. Around 5:55 or so. I got up and got out the door for a good three mile run. A good way to beat the heat when it's supposed to be a high of 101 today not counting the "heat index."

Feels good to get it done. It's a good discipline, getting up and running.

It reminds me of a quote I saw from Jack Foster in my Runners' World Training Log the other day. "I don't train. I just run my 3-15 mies everyday."

That's a great discipline. Reminds me of what my friend Van said about himself when I saw him last summer: "When I'm out of shape, I run 3-5 miles everyday." At the time it seemed crazy, but now a 3-5 mile run is so short it's almost like you just barely get out the door and then it's over.

Anyhow, I would have liked to have run a little faster today, but it was very hot and humid.

I like the summer. I like to sweat. And I like it hot. But right now it seems just a little bit too hot. I'll be glad when this temporary heat wave passes and the highs get back down in the 90s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home