Thursday, July 27

Set yourself on fire

I went to sleep last night hoping to get up this morning and put in a good relaxing 12 mile run along the South Creek Greenway Trail. I got up this morning, tired, but looking forward to waking up while running on the trail. I was trying to tell myself that it was going to be a good run.

However, while trying to put my keys away while in the elevator, I dropped my bottle of gatorade — one of those things that happens when you're not completely awake. I didn't even completely realize what had happened until I heard it hit the ground.

So I spent the next ten minutes or so cleaning up the elevator floor. And I decided to do my old six mile run through the beautiful Rountree neighborhood instead of heading out to the trail. Six miles instead of 12. Always better than nothing.

Anyhow, I didn't have to worry about getting to work on time.

Here's a quote for the week to get you going today.

While reading a short chapter in a John Maxwell book on leadership this morning, I came across this thought from John Wesley: "When you set yourself on fire, people love to come and see you burn."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home