Sunday, June 11

Wild Geese

With all the focus on the marathon and everything, I feel live I've been posting too frequently, logging on too much and getting too caught up in the minutiae of daily mileage.

I need a break. I need a change of perspective. The marathon was good, but until race day it wasn't very relaxing. Thank goodness that the race itself was pleasant.

So it's my goal for the next couple of months at least to post less, to stare at computer screens less and to relax more. I've got another vacation coming up and hopefully I won't post quite so much during that week away.

Anyhow, here's the first few lines of a poem I've been thinking about today.

Wild Geese by Mary Oliver

You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

1 Comments:

Blogger R said...

You do not have to be good.
You do not have to run 26.2 miles through South Bend on a warm day.
You do not have to train for a marathon you already ran.
You only have to allow your body to recover as it desires.

June 14, 2006 4:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home