Thursday, June 8

Goals

An interesting quote was in the story about the winner of the Sunburst Women's Half-Marathon. It's been rolling around in my head ever since I read it on Sunday.

The runner up in the race, Jacki Wachtel said: "That (time) was a 'moon' goal for me. There's 'moon,' 'star' and 'I'd-be-happy' goals. Today was definitely a 'moon.'"

Reading and re-reading that makes me examine my goals for the race. I guess 4 hours and 30 minutes would have been a moon goal. Under 5 hours was a star goal. And just finishing would be an I'd-be-happy goal.

Basically I trained to finish and I did that. But I feel a bit conflicted. I know I could have run faster and part of me wishes I had. But I can't redo the race. I had a good time and that's the most important thing.

However, now I'm hungry to run another one and run it a lot faster than I did the first time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home