Tuesday, June 6

Soreness equals satisfaction

After running the marathon on Saturday, at times I felt that possibly the marathon was too easy. And for various reasons I didn't have a major rush of endorphins like I had after finishing the two half-marathons I did.

But Sunday I was sore.
Monday I was sore.
Today I woke up a little sore, but I've got the feeling that tomorrow I won't be sore anymore.

But I like this soreness. It's the feeling of satisfaction. I was able to do an extraordinary physical feat. This soreness I've had reminds me to be thankful for the ability to run a marathon. Nobody ever gets sore sitting on the sofa watching tv.

2 Comments:

Blogger jeff obafemi carr said...

BL,
you are the man, my brother. don't worry, i'm told the soreness does indeed go away, but never the memory of such a powerful accomplishment.

now you're ready for a triathalon, right?

June 06, 2006 4:16 pm  
Blogger bl said...

Thanks Jeff.

By the way, you need to see about bringing your show, "How Blak Kin Eye Bee?" to Springfield, Missouri.

I'm going to try to put some bugs in people's ears to get you out to the Ozarks.

I don't even think your movie with Michael W. Smith made it our way.

Anyhow, thanks for stopping by the blog.

June 06, 2006 4:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home