Saturday, June 10

Glorious Day

I woke up today feeling like I could run for miles today. Emphasis on the word could. After yesterday's run quickly turned into a run/walk, I'm resting for a few days.

Just sitting here resting my bones....

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here in my sister's Chicago condo. It's relatively early but these time zones keep wreaking a little havoc with my sleep cycle.

I must tell you about the wondrous Chicago restaurant we ate at last night. Tucked away in Logan Square, it's called the Atlas Cafe. Or more completely, the Atlas Cafe International Kitchen.
I had an appetizer of Zalouk, which is tomatoes, eggplant, garlic topped with kalamata olives. Then my entree was a pasta dish called Salmon and Eggplant. Amazing. Mouth-wateringly good. It was the restaurant's busiest night ever with a party of 15 taking up the middle table.
It was the best food I've eaten - or expect to eat - in Chicago this vacation. If you're ever in Chicago, you ought to try it.
Full disclosure, one of the owners is an old friend of mine from Notre Dame. But my sister thoroughly enjoyed her meal, the chopped chicken wrap and she would have let me know if she didn't like her food.
There you have it, my first ever restaurant review on this blog.
The Atlas Cafe, 3028 W. Armitage, Chicago. Open Monday through Sunday from 11-10.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home