Friday, August 13

You can work...

A while back I was watching a program on the NFL network celebrating Emmet Smith's induction into the NFL Hall of Fame.

Being a member of the Dallas Cowboy's famous Triplets, it also featured Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin.

One of the things that stuck with me from that show was a quote from Miami Herald columnist Dan LeBatard talking about Michael Irvin.

He said Irvin used to walk naked through the Cowboys locker room and say to his teammates:: "You can work for a body like this one. You will not succeed. You will fail. But you can work for a body like this one."

Interestingly, the more I hear people talk about Michael Irvin, the more they stress his work ethic - along with his love for partying....

But anyway, I like this quote and it runs through my head as I try to get stronger.

As I think I've mentioned before, I'm trying to do a hundred pushups plan that I found online at hundredpushups.com.

It's nice because I can feel myself getting stronger and bigger slowly but surely. I don't walk naked through any locker rooms, but it's nice nonetheless to think of myself saying that phrase and being proud of the work I'm putting in to get stronger.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home