Monday, August 9

Today was a good day

I want to write that today was a good day, although it's yesterday now and today has barely started.

Yesterday, one of the members of the choir invited everyone out to his cottage near the beach in Lake Michigan.

It was great fun. My legs were a little sore from the 5K but I really wanted to run barefoot on the beach.

When we first got to the beach, I was surprised at how sandy it was. You could barely walk without slipping and sliding.

Closer to the water though it was packed a little firmer together.

I saw a couple of people running - exactly two - but that's all it took to push me out of the water and to go for a jog.

It was more than just a job in the end, but unfortunately, I think I didn't push myself hard enough.

I went out for 10 minutes and then turned around with the hopes of returning to where I started faster than I had run going out.

It's easy to do an out-and-back course like that on the beach.

My time running back was 8:23.

That felt like a success, but also I kind of wondered if I should have run out for more than 10 minutes to start with. Running for less than 20 minutes sometimes doesn't seem like enough of a workout.

But it was a good day and I've got ideas for translating the concept to routes near where I live now.

But I wish I had more places where I would could run barefoot.

This was such a nice run today even if it was short.

My bathing suit was the only thing I was wearing.

One of the things I like about running is how you don't need any gear - don't need any clothes at all - to do it.

I personally can't imagine running naked, but I just like the simplicity of the concept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home