Tuesday, July 20

Trust the Universe

We'll see about posting on this blog again.

I've started running again after a layoff of probably over a year. Six months is probably long enough to completely lose all fitness and I definitely feel that way also.

Completely out of shape.

I signed up for a 5K today. It's free through work - I guess they signed up for a group registration or something like that and this 5K seems to support a good cause.

Anyway, I'll keep this post short like my runs have been lately.

I saw a sign posted at someone's cubicle at work last night.

It was a piece of paper with three words on it. "Trust the Universe"

And at some point after it was printed, the girl who sat there had hand-printed an exclamation mark after universe.

Trust the Universe!

Well, that's good advice. Especially for me right now. The last couple of years have not been what I would have expected.

But I'm still here. I'm currently working an overnight shift from around midnight to around 6 a.m. It's tough.

I've found that it's not as hard as I thought it would be to stay awake for my shift, but it is hard to sleep during the day.

That's one of the main reasons I've returned to running. To try to be able to sleep better during the day.

I've also re-learned that running is great time for prayer and meditation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home