Thursday, August 5

Today I ran a 5K.

On Saturday, in two days, I will race a 5K.

This morning I bought a $7 watch at Wal-Mart so I would have some sense of have fast - or how slow - I have been running. I guess I could change that to read how fast or how slow I am running.

Anyway, I ran the 5K in about 35 minutes today according to my watch and the map that I drew up using the USATF website.

Hmm. There go my thoughts of the sub 25 minute 5K on Saturday even though that was a silly thought to begin with.

I wasn't trying to run all that hard today but I wanted to get a sense of how fast my pace had been on my easy runs lately. I'm not sure how much sense that makes.

On Saturday, I'll be trying to run a lot harder.

Hopefully I'll feel a little better rested as well.

Maybe the weather will be cooler possibly too, I don't know.

I've got a headache right now though so my plans are to rest as much as possible between now and 8:30 Saturday morning even though I do have a couple of shifts at work coming up.

Rest will be a big factor in everything I decide to do for the next couple of days.

Here's hoping this will be a good 5K.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Evans said...

I'm glad you are blogging again. I believe you can break 30 minutes Saturday! Good luck.

August 05, 2010 6:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home