Saturday, September 8

Raining PRs

Now that it's raining more than ever ... you can stand under my umbrella -- Rhianna, Umbrella (featuring Jay-Z)

I (rslight) don't have an umbrella, but I do have a new 5K PR of 23:33, which I got at this morning's rainy Strafford 5K.
Honestly, I didn't try that hard. It was just a flat, easy course. My friend Brent Barnett slipped past me for the second time this week at the race's end. Ah, well. I should have another 5K PR soon.

I won third place among the 30-something dudes. I got nervous when top females Rosie Laughlin and Pam Sailors won enormous cuts of meat. What the heck would I do with a ton of meat? Fortunately I and other lesser award winners received cool tote bags.

Unrelated but interesting side note: Country singer Jo Dee Messina will run the Chicago Marathon after singing the national anthem for us. Will rslight outrun Jo Dee? Find out Oct. 7!

3 Comments:

Blogger MS said...

So did the governor place in his age group? (Actually, I think he's in the same one as you, heh.) I noticed he didn't have a race number visible when he crossed the finish line - I wonder if he was banditing the race. The horror!

September 08, 2007 8:40 pm  
Blogger bl said...

I wish I were so confident about getting a 5K pr. I'm not even sure when I'll next run a 5K.

My 5K pr is currently 23:20. I need a new pr. I need to be faster than rslight.

Wait. That's silly. That's really silly.

Anyhow, congrats on your pr Ryan. And on placing in your age group.

Hopefully I'll just have a good run tomorrow morning.

peace

September 08, 2007 9:22 pm  
Blogger bl said...

I think perhaps the governor went to high school in Strafford. That might be part of the reason he did the race. I'll have to check the results again.

Maybe he paid the entry fee but didn't wear a bib so as to keep his time top secret.

Perhaps I'm too trusting to be a journalist. But I don't think he's that big of a soundrel that he would bandit the race.

September 11, 2007 8:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home