Saturday, September 1

Trophies

Any race that ends with a trophy is a good race. That's what I told my little brother after today's race. He came in third in the 11-12 age group at today's Spin 5K.

Before the race I told someone that I wasn't racing so much as being a rabbit today. Then I amended that and said that I was going to be a turtle. Because, the main goal was to make sure that Danny didn't start too fast.

Our number one goal was to see Danny run the race all the way from start to finish. And he did. The trophy was gravy.

But as we were leaving, he said he wanted me to run my hardest next time and so we could both get trophies. Sounds good. We just have to find the right race. I listened to the times today for the 30-39 age bracket and couldn't help wondering how I would have done if I'd have run my hardest today. Oh well. My focus is on the marathon, currently 35 days away.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

B-
Jon and I have decided you and/or he should write a column for Running Times magazine. You would be terrific! Have you ever submitted anything to them? Do! Do!

September 02, 2007 10:20 am  
Blogger bl said...

I've never submitted anything to Running Times.

I should look them up in Writers' Market and see what their rules are for submissions.

I haven't done much freelance work at all.

September 02, 2007 2:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home