Friday, August 31

Supposed to be fun

So the other day I did a google searech on Pam Sailors. Why? Don't ask why.

Just look at what I found on a local blog:Heroes by Pam Sailors

I've been thinking about heroes lately -- not the comic book kind of heroes, able to leap buildings in a single bound and run faster than a speeding bullet, but the real life kind of heroes, the ones who inspire me to be better than I am.

Like all those people older than I am who run faster than I do, because they give me hope.

And all those people in my age group who run faster that I do, because they give me a goal.

And all those people who run their guts out every race, knowing that their only reward will be that they gave it their best effort, because they give me a vision of determination.

And all those people who take at least twice as long as the winner to finish the race, just putting one foot in front of the other until they cross the line, because they teach me the rewards of endurance.

And all those people who turn around after they finish and cheer in everyone behind them, because they show me what graciousness looks like.

And, maybe most of all, all those people who smile while they run, because they remind me that it's supposed to be fun.

Thanks. You know who you are.


Isn't that a wonderful way to start the weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vajra said...

This is a great quote! Thanks.

September 08, 2007 1:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

November 13, 2009 8:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home