Sunday, August 5

I want to be a Kenyan

This could also be the beginning of a new poem.


Jambo means hello in Swahili
but I want to say goodbye.
I want to say eat my dust.
And I want to kick up some dust.
I want to fly.
I want to be a Kenyan.
I want to run like a Kenyan.
I know I need a tan
and an attitude transplant.
But watch out here I go.
Point me to Mt. Kilimanjaro.
I'll run to the top.
Take me to the rift valley.
Let me breathe in that African air.
I want to know the secret.
I want to drink the tea.
I want to see how fast I can be.
Habari gani means what is the news?
I am new.
I am not the runner I used to be.


Yeah, this could be the start of something good.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger CapCity said...

i LIKE this poem! i'm an aspiring runner:-)...always glad to read inspiration like this!

August 06, 2007 9:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home