Wednesday, July 4

Some days

Some days you wake up and you just don't feel like racing at all.
Then there are days like today, where your body's a tad bit sore and you don't expect to put in a good race, but you decide to run and see what happens.
Last night I had my first track workout in nearly a year. It doesn't sound like much. Three 600 meter repeats with a 600 meter job for recovery. Three 200 meter repeats with a 200 meter jog for recovery. 800 meter warm up, 800 meter cool down. And some form drills. I probably could have worked out longer at the track, but I didn't design the work out. I was following along.
After the workout, I wasn't sure how today's race would go. I felt tight and maybe a little sore.
Well, this was one of those days where I was doing a two-mile race and didn't really decide to race until 400 meters were left in the race. The two people in front of me looked like they should have been behind me. But it's my fault that I let them pass me and get so close to begin with. If you look at the results you will see that I finished with the exact same time as the person in front of me. I guess the wonderful folks who did the timing for this race aren't equipped to publish results down to the hundredth of a second. I definitely got beat by less than one second. I definitely got beat. But I also had a nice finishing kick in a race again, despite the fact that my legs felt very tired and a little bit sore.
I started to kick too late, but I'm happy that I did have a decent strong kick.
In other race day news today, MS finished second in the 2-mile race, with a time of 11:36, 18 seconds behind the winner. RSlight ran the 3-mile race with a respectable time of 24:16.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home