Tuesday, June 5

Adventures in goal setting

When I went to pick up my race number for last weekend's 5K, I also dropped off my registration for another race - Wimpy's 8K. It will be my second 8K race.

In the first one, almost a year ago now, I ran the race in 43:19, a pace of 8:44. I remember I had a friend pace me for that race so I could make sure to run at least 9 minute miles. Now this race is 11 days away. Should I simply take the goal I had last year and plan to run a minute per mile faster. Basically run the race 5 minutes faster in 38:19.

Is that too ambitious a goal or not ambitious enough?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Evans said...

You should try to run at your 5K best pace of 8:00 min/mile.

Set your goal for under 40 minutes. That gives you splits that are easy to keep track of and should prove difficult.

It would also let me stay in the lead.

June 06, 2007 2:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home