Saturday, May 26

Avoiding the battle

This lady asked me this morning: Are you going to be jogging here long. We're about to have a battle.

She was sitting in a lawn chair by a lake in a local park. I was finishing my morning loop and headed back to the car. Still, notice how this is different from yesterday's sidewalk commenter. He said, keep on running. She asked about my jogging.

Perhaps there was a difference in my pace. Yesterday I ran. Today I jogged. Perhaps. But it also spoke to the small amount of danger you sometimes feel when out in a public park in rural America. I wonder what war games these folks were about to play. Were they using big water guns? Beebee guns? What? I'll never know. I had to keep on running, regardless of what they were doing.

Still, it's kind of crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home