Sunday, May 20

What a headache

I had a good 12 mile run today as I look forward to starting to train hard and train in earnest for the Twin Cities marathon.
I did, however, make one big mistake. I didn't drink enough. I need a fuel belt or something to aid in hyrdration. After the run I didn't feel too bad, but I've got a pretty bad headache right now. It serves me as a reminder. Don't wait until I'm thirsty to drink. The temperature wasn't even that hot today, but it apparently was hot enough.
Next time, I'll do a better job of getting fluids.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jim Evans said...

There are 19 weeks to prepare for the TC marathon. If you increase your long run by one mile every other week, you will reach the magic 20 at just the right time. You should alternate easy weeks and longer milage weeks. Do 30-35 miles with a 12 miler on Sunday then 35-45 on the weeks you do the long run. ...And, yes drink!

"Don't bother to be beter than your contempories, just try to be better than yourself."
- William Faulkner

May 21, 2007 6:38 pm  
Blogger R said...

i have a belt version of a camelback that's supposed to be for runners. someone gave it to me but i already had a belt that holds a water bottle, so i never used the camelback thing.

it's like this
http://www.rei.com/product/733157

only grey.

want it?

May 21, 2007 11:24 pm  
Blogger bl said...

R- sure if you'd like to put it in the mail, that would be great.
i've also been meaning to send you that book, the namesake. it will give you something to read over the summer.

May 22, 2007 9:47 am  
Blogger bl said...

Jim - when i get off work tonight, i'm going to start to sketch out a training plan for the marathon that will include three runs of at least 20 miles. i'll let you know how that comes together.

May 22, 2007 9:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home