Wednesday, May 23

Long run question

Registration for the Twin Cities marathon is now closed. And I'm one of the lucky few.

The race will be on the first Sunday of October at 8 a.m. Which brings me to my question. If I'm running a race that starts at 8 in the morning, wouldn't it make sense for me to do my long runs early in the morning as well?

I think that will be part of my plan.

Anyhow, this will be a good race. I'm one of the lucky few and I'm excited.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that runs this race with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That ran with us....

1 Comments:

Blogger rslight said...

I want to say I'm one of the "lucky few" registered for the Oct. 7 30th Chicago Marathon, but I'm not sure if an estimated 45,000 runners is a few.

I still think your quoted passage applies.

May 23, 2007 6:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home