Saturday, May 19

Asics powered

Hurray. I, RS, set a new 5K PR of 25:18 this morning at the Asics Ridge Runner Sports 5K in Springfield. That replaces my old, pitiful PR of 25:21. 25:17 here I come.

I recalled someone said something to bl at a recent race about breathing hard. I decided at the start line that I would breathe hard. That's it. That was the strategy. Just breathe hard. A real flat course also helped.

The awesome thing about this PR is that the old one set in March at the Frisco Trail Run never felt legitimate. There was a spot in that one where a Boy Scout seemed to let us cheat a bit by cutting through a parking lot.

Interesting sidenote: I was in close competition with a girl with pigtails during the whole race, and she pulled away in the last seconds. I discovered later she was from Australia. I recalled that an Australian woman was the top lady at this year's Cowtown Marathon in Fort Worth (the site of my first half-marathon). There's no insightful comment here, just a goofy question: What's up with female Australian runners?

Until my next post ... breathe hard, people.

1 Comments:

Blogger bl said...

Congrats, RS. And great post.

I'm going to have to work on breathing harder myself.

May 19, 2007 8:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home