Thursday, February 22

Quote of the Week

Perhaps if you've been following this blog for a while, you've realized that my favorite magazine is TrailRunner. I love it. And everytime it shows up in my mailbox, I find something worth posting about here.

Here's my quote of the week:

"A race isn't about having fun. It is about pushing your limits. If that isn't painful, then you aren't pushing your limits. If you want to just run up Pikes Peak with a smile on your face, then do it with a bunch of friends and not in the middle of a crowd of strangers." - Bill Wright of Boulder, Colorado of the La Sportiva Mountain Running Team.


That quote speaks to me today, where I am as a runner now and where I want to be. And where I want to be is faster than I am now and faster than I was yesterday and last year. I used to really like the social aspect of races and seeing lots of cool people. But now I'm getting more and more interested in going as fast as I possibly can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home