Monday, December 4

What are you chasing?

I wish I had something to say. All I have to say is it's cold. It's cold and I want to run but I also want to just roll up in bed and stay there for a while. Holiday stress is starting to mount. And I keep flashing back to a question someone asked me in a job interview once.

"Why are you here?"

I knew why I was there. I wanted to move to a more exciting city than where I was living. But now I keep asking myself why I'm here now. I know why I came here. It seemed like a good place to come and learn my chosen trade. But now I wonder about that. Did I make the right choice? Would I make the same decision today?

Perhaps I've just got the winter blahs. And I've got a goal to work towards. A month and a half until Rock'n'Roll Arizona.

And there's a link I've been meaning to share with you - Motivational quotes from the Oxford University Athletic Club. Here's a sample:

"I believe the first step is knowing yourself. I think that most people have an innate sense of what they want and how to get there. No matter what it is you owe it to yourself to figure out what you are chasing and how you might catch it." - Michael Johnson, legendary American sprinter. The one who wore the gold shoes.

Hopefully things will start looking up for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home