Thursday, November 23

Turkey Trot - Wow

Today I ran the Turkey Trot, a local 5K. I didn't really plan to run the race hard, but just to pace my little brother from big brothers big sisters. I thought we'd run a bit and walk a bit and have a relaxing time.

Boy was I wrong.

My little brother decided to run almost the whole race. He ran the first two miles non-stop. And after a couple of short walk breaks, he finished the race in a very respectable time. I was shocked. He finished the race faster this year than I did last year when it was my first 5K.

A couple of months ago he ran a 5K with me and it was a real low key affair. After the race I asked him what he was thinking during the race and he said he was just thinking about finishing. Today, during one of his brief walk breaks, I asked him what he was thinking, and he said he was thinking about all the people passing him and how he was about to smoke them.

And, for the most part, he was right. It will be interesting to see what he decides to do and if he sticks with the running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home