Thursday, November 30

Winter Wonderland

Well, the snow is really coming down here in Missouri. I just walked home from work and it was pretty cool. Except for the fact that we're not prepared for snow here, my footprints were the only ones in the snow that was accumulating and it hadn't been plowed all day. It was pretty funky powder and tough going in places.

But I always much prefer snow to ice.

Sadly though my decision has been made not to go to Memphis for the St. Jude Half-Marathon. This year, I am the cause to be despaired of. I won't be there no matter how much fun and how inspirational just being there for the race would be.

Now the question is: will I run in Arizona? At this point I don't know. I'm going to fly to Arizona not drive and I'll pack some wiggle room into my departure date.

My foot has continued feeling strange. I'm definitely taking time off after Jan. 14. But will I continue training so that I'll be able to run the race? If I continue training will I be able to run the race?

I guess my time goal may be out the window now but after walking home I definitely felt good. I think inactivity breeds weakness and feeling sorry for myself and I don't want to do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home