Thursday, November 30

Time off

I think I may take some time off from running.

My foot hurt yesterday. It hurts today. Continuing to run isn't going to help it get better. It's a lingering injury and I can only think of one way for it to get better. If I run, I'm going to try to run and train as hard as I can with appropriate rest and recovery days mixed in.

It's funny. I look at my calendar, which is like a hanging running log, and I don't have days when I don't run. I have days when I rest. That's the way it is. Some days are running and training days. Some days are rest days.

It's snowy and dreary here and I don't think I could make it to Memphis for the half-marathon anyhow. Looking at the Weather Channel website it just doesn't look good.

I guess I will have to make a decision on whether or not to go to Arizona. Right now I'm leaning against it, but I don't know.

I remember someone once told me that with every workout you've got a little to gain and a lot to lose. That a lot to lose had to do with getting injured.

I suppose I am definitely injured right now no matter how much I don't like to think of myself that way.

I guess the bottomline is I just need to really rest. And relax. Even if I'm not traveling to Memphis this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home