Wednesday, October 18

Me and Mr. Zatopek

I've got a two alarm system. My cell phone and my alarm clock. Both went off today and I just felt like staying in bed. However, I eventually got out of bed and moved around some.
I sat down next to my bookshelf and picked up a book on running to leaf through. I came across that time-honored piece of advice, if you don't feel like running go out running for five minutes and then see how you feel. It wasn't a great day of running but I did get in five miles on my course of rolling hills near Jordan Valley Park and Hammons Field.
Lately too, I've been thinking about the great Emil Zatopek quote:
"If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years, then will power is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter. I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home