Saturday, October 14

The Sunshine Run - a small victory

Well, I've finished my last race of the year shorter than a half-marathon. For those who were following the war of the words in the comments section from a couple of days ago, things played out pretty much as expected.

I got a PR. - Official time to come later. By the time I caught my breath and stopped my watch, it read 54:37. That itself is two minutes faster than my last 10K PR. And I was breathing pretty hard there at the end for what seemed like an eternity. I was going so fast there at the end I ran into one guy - who I had been trying to pass but couldn't quite catch up to. I did apologize.

----update----
My official chip time was 53:58. The gun time was 54:21. Go figure why the difference was so large. Anyhow, my pace was 8:46.
----resume----


Nate captured his sub-50 10K.

Cherie, as I recall, finished in about 44 minutes, 17th among women. I know Cherie always runs to win, but congratulations to both my friends on strong races on a hilly course.

My focus now shifts more strongly to the longer races. Nov. 4, the Cohick Half-Marathon. Dec. 2, the St. Jude Half-Marathon. Jan. 15, the Rock N Roll Marathon in Phoenix Arizona.

It will take a great effort to trim an hour off my previous marathon time, but I think I can do it.

3 Comments:

Blogger bl said...

The official results also confirm that the young whippersnapper Nate Remington is younger than me.

But I think I'll be able to beat him in a race sometime soon.

October 14, 2006 7:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The chip times are off from the guntime because the clock doesn't start running until the chip, connected to your shoe, crosses the rubber mat that is laying across the official starting line. We were halfway back in the crowd, and of course the crowd is notoriously slow to get started. In fact I'm surprised it was only 30 seconds before we crossed the mat. You'll notice on the results that those in the front of the pack have gun times and chip times in synch.
It was a good race. I was happy and fulfilled.

October 15, 2006 3:25 pm  
Blogger bl said...

Nate - For some reason, I thought your gun time was closer to your chip time than mine.

I looked at it again and did the math and see that they're almost identical.

Math.

October 15, 2006 6:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home