Monday, August 21

10K truth

Well, it's time to get pumped. This weekend will be my first race since Camp Marafiki.

It's a really challenging race, the Hot'n'Hilly 10K.

Interestingly enough, I was looking back through old posts today and saw that I had a typo for my 10K PR. I updated the page but for the record, my PR from the Wichita River Run is a 56:37 from the Wichita River Run on May 13 of this year.

So one goal I have for the Hot'n'Hilly is to set a new PR.

Another goal is to run the race fairly aggressively and see how fast I can go when I go all out.

And ideally, that would involve a sub-50 minute 10K.

As always, the bottom-line goal is to have fun - have a good time if not a great time.

Also, they will have one of my favorite Steve Prefontaine quotes on the back of the shirt:

"Most people run a race
to see who is fastest.
I run a race
to see who has the most guts."

1 Comments:

Blogger Cherie Kail said...

Let's try to make it by 7 a.m. to pick up bibs and those coolmax shirts! This time, maybe a lucky pair of briefs could become a NEW pair. Lol. I about cracked up, no pun intended! Just remember that cotton kills :)

August 22, 2006 10:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home