Monday, August 14

Hot'n'Hilly

I had a great run yesterday, even though I got lost.

I was preparing for an upcoming 10K, the hot'n'hilly. I went out to practice the course with my good friend Cherie. I thought Cherie had run the course recently so our plan was to do two loops, a good 12 mile workout on some hills.

Unfortunately, we got lost.

It wasn't really that bad. We ran to Christian County - the wrong side of the Christian County line as the Big Smith song goes . We ran all the way to the town of Ozark.

I remember at one point I saw an interesting looking building. We got closer and realized it was a billboard on highway 65.

The process of being disoriented at the end of a hot day made it feel like we ran a bit farther than we did so when we finally got back to our car, we just stopped instead of doing another loop, especially since we didn't know quite how far we'd gone. Turns out it was only 8 miles.

The race is in two weeks so perhaps this Sunday we can do it again. Except this time we'll stay on course.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vajra said...

"I had a great run yesterday, even thought I got lost."

Wonderful sentence: it precisely describes how we live our lives. Although, I suppose there could be some variation with the adjective. We run, even though we get lost. We are never going to end up where we thought we were going. Calling it "great" makes all the difference. Very like "Stopping By the Woods On a Snowy Evening."

August 15, 2006 12:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home