Tuesday, August 15

Hillbillies gone wild

This weekend I saw the Springfield premiere of Homemade Hillbilly Jam.

It's basically about the hillbilly band Big Smith, which features a few friends of mine. Including Jody who has a blog that hasn't been updated in months. I think it was better when Jody posted as Pervious, a character who had escaped from the Matrix.

It's always odd to see people you know in a documentary film. This one worked out pretty well though so that's good. I strongly recommend you go see it if it comes to your town. Additionally, I recommend you get some Big Smith music. You can get a real feel for what it's like to live in these here hills.


By the way, in other old-timey music news, I recommend learning about my friend Bill Steber's band, the Jake Leg Stompers. Bill's a professional photographer with a great eye. He's spent a lot of time in the Delta and I hope he can have an opening for a show in Santa Fe the next time I'm there. I'm sure he'd make a lot of money because his stuff rocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home