Saturday, August 19

A new PR - of sorts

Today I set a new pr (personal record.) Unfortunately, it didn't have anything to do with a race and it wasn't particularly enjoyable.

See, today I must have run through more spider webs today than in any previous run. I lost count I ran through so many. All things considered though it was a good run.

I went looking for an unpaved trail to run on but first I got to the nature center and it was way too crowded with walkers. So I got in the car and went off to Ritter Springs Park. Very nice unpaved trails. And I saw cows and horses and birds. Unfortunately, it was hot.

So, it was a short run but I'll be back there at some point soon to do some more trail running. It was very enjoyable way to start off the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vajra said...

My walking was totally derailed by work and other comittments this week. So while you are setting a personal record I feel I'm back at square one. I'm not discouraged, since one week does not a year make. It's all good.

August 20, 2006 1:06 pm  
Blogger bl said...

Not only was Rome not built in a day, it did not fall in a day either.

Keep a positive attitude and get back out there when you can.

I was just remembering a quote from a Zig Ziglar cd I listened to:

"Positive thinking won't allow you to do anything, but it will help you do everything better than negative thinking will."

August 21, 2006 12:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home