Monday, August 14

Doing great things

I was reading John Maxwell's book The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader this morning and came across a quote that really resonated with me.

"To do important tasks, two things are necessary: a plan and not quite enough time."

Maxwell didn't know the source of that quote, but it's so true. As people today we certainly don't have enough time. Working in journalism you're always learning to navigate deadlines. Yet, you can't ever let that stop you.

I'm always amazed at people who don't have time to do this or do that or who don't set ambitious goals. It's like they just suck the motivation out of the people around them.

My plan for now is to run the Rock N Roll marathon in Arizona on Jan. 15 in under four hours. It's a little hard to get excited about that right now because it's so far away, but my eyes are on it. The course map is on the wall next to my desk and I'm getting pumped just thinking about it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you think of this?

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2006/08/15/states/

August 15, 2006 12:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home