Sunday, August 13

Deep Play

Now that I've finished reading about gurgitators, I need another good book.

I just picked Diane Ackerman's Deep Play up off my bookshelf. I found the most fascinating quote at the beginning of Chapter Five. It's from Flann O'Brien's The Third Policeman, whatever The Third Policeman is.

"...people who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsides of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles.... And you would be flabbergasted at the number of bicycles that are half-human, almost half-man, half-partaking of humanity..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home