Monday, June 5

Marathon Recovery or What Next?

Well, I was ready to run through pain. I was ready to hit the wall and fight through it.

It almost seems too easy. Except for the long weeks of training. The work getting mentally ready. Fighting negative thoughts.

I trained to finish and I had a great time.

And my legs are a bit sore right now so clearly I put forth a good physical effort. That's one of the rewards of being sore. You hardly ever get sore by sitting around watching television.

I'm watching the Fountainhead on Turner Classic Movies right now because I can't sleep. Daylight savings time. It's hard to sleep for me sometimes when the sun is up and the birds are singing. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book about 10 years ago and it's interesting to now see the movie.

There are two important new links on the side of the page. Perhaps the next marathon I'll train for.

And MarathonGuide.com, a fascinating online resource. It's interesting to see the comments online about races. Reminds of a comment I heard in the bathroom before the Sunburst. There was a long line for the toilets (no line for the urinals). Some guy said, "well this is a crappy race." Was he complaining or making a joke, a bad pun? It was strange.

I just kind of shook my head and walked outside smiling. Getting ready for the race. The beautiful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home