Tuesday, May 16

Rock solid marathon training advice

I've got something for you that you won't find in books. You won't find it in Runner's World or in any other magazine. That's probably because most people assume that you're not as stupid as I am.

Anyhow, this is marathon training advice you can take to the bank.

See, today's run was tough. Real tough. It took me a while to figure out why. Then it hit me.

The dentist's office. Take it from me, don't go to the dentist the morning of the day you plan to run 20 miles. Especially if there's a chance that you'll bleed. I think the blood was an issue.

That's because of the calculus. Yes, calculus. It's no fun in school and it's especially no fun in your mouth. The pretty dental hygienist was scraping the calculus off my teeth and I bled. Not but so much, but I think that contributed to the way I felt today.

It was a tough run. But I did it. 20 miles in about 3 hours and 45 minutes. I feel good about that. I know. It's a slow time. Near the beginning of the run, I saw a turtle by the creek. Perhaps it was my spirit guide . I didn't stop to chat though. I just kept running.

1 Comments:

Blogger R said...

nice job! and by the time you hit the wall... there shouldn't be any horribly scraping, sharp pain, just loads of dull aching. Stop running if you get the sharp pains.

May 16, 2006 5:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home