Sunday, May 7

Artsfest Part Two

I was standing by the Mayapple stage when I was reminded of a phrase I saw posted about a bar door in Little Rock:
If dreams were fire and lightning was desire, this old house would have burned down a long time ago.

I'm not sure exactly what put that phrase in my head. I was standing near Jeff Wiens and the guys from Mincks and Miller, er uh, the band formerly known as Brother Wiley when it happened.

I called up the photo of it on my phone and stared at it while walking. I started walking down the street repeating the phrase over and over so that I could memorize it.
If dreams were fire and lightning was desire, this old house would have burned down a long time ago.
If dreams were fire and lightning was desire, this old house would have burned down a long time ago.
If dreams were fire and lightning was desire, this old house would have burned down a long time ago.

I can't figure out if the words are lyrics to an old song or something. But it just seemed appropriate that it be in my head since the day before I was at a songwriter festival where I heard some amazingly talented musicians. That's a link to one of my new favorite artists. The sole solo cd I bought at the festival. Sarah Hughes. I wonder if she's ever played in Winfield.

It was raining, a big tent was up and I would have been just fine if the tent wasn't even there. I love the rain.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reacher said...

That old myspace site will be the death of us yet. For some reason we can't take it down. But, for the record, the real site is myspace.com/mincksmiller.

Thanks for stopping by.

May 08, 2006 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home