Thursday, May 11

Life is a series of self-fulfilling prophecies

I went to the shoe store this week with concerns about my shoes. I took all three pairs of shoes that I'd bought since I started running and had the sales lady look at the heels.
My most recent pair of shoes, with about 200 miles on them have heels that are pretty tore up. My second pair of shoes have heels that look worse. Yet the first pair of shoes I bought, counter-intuitively I think, have heels and soles that are still good for a couple hundred miles.
Well, between now and June 4, I don't plan to run more than 100 miles really.
I ran 4 miles this morning. I guess I'm breaking in new insoles now and I'm not sure how I feel. The race is 23 days away.
Wow. 23 days away. I feel nervous, scared and excited.
I feel like I'll finish strong.
Life is after all a series of self-fulfilling prophecies and sometimes it seems like my natural tendency and my experience is to expect the worst. But that's not going to happen now.
And anyhow, my experience with half-marathons is that I finish strong. I find a little extra near the end that I might not have thought I had in me.
I've run 20 miles once so far in training. I may do it again on Tuesday.
It's so close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home