Thursday, May 18

26.2 reasons

I had an idea to make a list of 26.2 reasons why I wanted to run the marathon.

It was contrived and cheesy. I'm going to provide links to the whole list here. Then this weekend, I'll revisit my reasons for doing this.

The start of the list: Reasons 1-11
It's about hope: Reason 12
Reason 14
The craziness continues with reasons 15-16
Referencing the Shawshank Redemption in reasons 17
Martin Buber, Jewish sage, provides focus with reason 18
Notre Dame memories surface with reasons 19-20
Lou Holtz's Winning Every Day factors into reason 21
Hmm. Reason 21 is a joke.
Inspiration from the Bible pops up with reason 22
Reasons 23 and 24 are the fruits of my winning a poetry slam
Reasons 25-26.2 The list wraps up with the most important number - 1 percent. 1 percent of the population runs a marathon and I want to be part of that number.


There you go. 26.2 reasons for me to run this marathon. The bottom line, though?

I want to do it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger bl said...

By the way, as I compiled the list, I noticed that there is no reason No. 13 and two reasons No. 21.

Unless there are 27.2 reasons.

I'm not even going to overthink that at all.

May 18, 2006 8:53 pm  
Blogger R said...

Hmm... you have the Chicago marathon of reasons...

I was going to ask about #13.

May 19, 2006 8:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home