Sunday, March 12

What heat?

I went running today wearing a shirt I bought at the Little Rock Marathon expo.

Black shirt with that technology that wicks the sweat away.
Two words on the front: "What hills?" The route I went running today, however, didn't have many hills though.

The question today was really, "What heat?"
My weather forecasting website says today's high is 78. We only went about six miles. But it's been a long time, if ever, since I've run this far in weather this hot. We had planned to go about seven miles but I stopped us at about the six mile mark. (Maybe that wasn't totally the weather, but partially stress also. The bottom line was that my body was talking to me. I think the most important running rule is to never underestimate the importance of rest.)

And the forecast says we're in for thunderstorms. It hasn't rained yet but the high tomorrow is supposed to be 58 with a low of 28.

With changes like that coming, there's likely to be some stormy weather. Which means if the timing is right, I might be able to get out and run in the rain again. I sure hope it rains on June 3. Although whatever type of weather there is will be good weather for running.

2 Comments:

Blogger R said...

maybe a black shirt isn't a good idea on hot days...

March 13, 2006 3:52 pm  
Blogger bl said...

Really, I think it was more the humidity than the heat.

Although I also think I haven't been eating very well lately and that also played a role in stopping when we did.

March 13, 2006 8:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home