Saturday, March 11

Try to go on

I woke up this morning with a desire to listen to a certain song. Maybe I'll write more about this feeling I've got later on.

But I'll share the lyrics to the song I just played on my computer. Funny, I heard the song and then it was over so fast. I think I'll play it again.

Shipwrecked In The Eighties
(written by Kris Kristofferson)

Well you fight like the devil to
Just keep your head above water
Chained to whatever you got that
You can't throw away
And you're shooting through space on this
River of life that you're riding
And it's swirling and sucking you deeper
On down every day

So you turn to your trusty old partner
To share some old feelings
And you find to your shock that your
Faithful companion is gone (so long Tonto)
And the truth slowly dawns that you're
Lost and alone in deep water
And you don't even know how much longer
There is to go on

Like an old Holy Bible you've clung to through
So many seasons
With the rules of survival in words
You could still understand
When they prove something wrong
You believed in so long you go crazy
And you're so close to folding the cards that you
Hold in your hand

Singing, holy Toledo I can't
See the light anymore
All those horizons that I used to guide me are gone
And the darkness is driving me farther away from the shore
Throw me a rhyme or a reason
To try to go on

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home